“Until one has loved an animal, a part of one’s soul remains unawakened.” –Anatole France
They are called our Fur-babies for a reason, that’s because they are an important part of our families. As "parents" we are always looking for the best ways to help maintain our family's health and happiness.
At Trusting Hands for Animals, we are dedicated to enhancing the special bond between you and your fur-baby. As a mobile massage therapist, I travel to you so that I can give your pet personal and compassionate care in the comfort of their own environment. Massage & Reiki are gentle, holistic therapies that provide pain-relief, stress-relief, healing, and assist animals with their health and wellbeing.
Animal Massage and Reiki, along with regular Veterinarian care, are some of the best complimentary therapies to maintain your pet's health and happiness. Massage & Reiki are gentle, non-invasive and non-pharmaceutical therapies focused on optimizing how your pet feels and functions.
Benefits of Massage & Reiki for animals: (dogs, cats, horses, and more)
Much as in humans, animals can also benefit from what Massage and Reiki have to offer
- Enhances your pet’s overall well-being: Just like people, Periodic Massage & Reiki treatments can help maintain your pet’s natural state of well-being and balance
- Relieve muscular tension, spasms and pain
- Reduce trigger point formation
- Reduce scar tissue
- Increase range of motion and flexibility
- Improve tone in weak muscles
- Relieve intestinal gas and aid in digestion
- Interrupt the pain cycle by activating sensory receptors
- Increase circulation and oxygenation of blood
- Increase lymphatic circulation and immunity, which makes it a great supportive therapy alongside traditional medical treatments.
- Decrease blood pressure and reduce heart rate
- Calm animals/trigger relaxation response – massage increases dopamine and serotonin levels and is linked to decreased stress levels and decreased inflammation
- Can help with behavior issues by promoting relaxation and stress reduction. Many behavior issues are caused by stress.
- Benefit animals with a history of abuse. The gentle touch and the energy can help restore trust in animals who have learned to associate touch with being hurt.
- Provides comfort and relieves pain, anxiety and fear for terminally ill animals. Reiki is a wonderful way to facilitate the transition for terminally ill animals and their owners. Often, animals will not allow themselves to transition because they intuitively feel that their person is not ready to let them go. Joint Reiki treatments for the pet and his or her person can help both through this difficult time by enhancing the bond and allowing a gentle transition.
Whether you have an:
- older pet that needs special attention to maintain their mobility
- a recently adopted pet with stress and anxiety issues
- a working/competing animal
- or even a perfectly healthy, balanced pet that you want to pamper
They all can enjoy the physical and emotional benefits of Massage & Reiki.
Disclaimer: Massage & Reiki is not a substitute for medical diagnosis and treatment. Nor are they a substitute for qualified medical care. Massage & Reiki is one part of an integrative healing or wellness program. We do not diagnose nor interfere with the treatment of a licensed medical professional. A licensed Veterinarian should always be consulted for any animals health issues.